Another 3 game week for the Hounds and another 3 big divisional games as the Hounds will be inWindsorandPlymouthfor the first time this season andSarniafor a second time. The boys are 4-2 against the West division while giving up 6 points in the process. If they can keep up a ratio like that for the rest of the season they would be hard pressed to miss the playoffs.
This will be the first of what will be quite a few weeks without Ryan Sproul in the lineup as he is out with a fractured arm. It looks like the rest of October will be played without the Hounds top to defensemen. The optimist inside of me is looking forward to this time for the young defenseman to gain some experience and step up with this opportunity. One player who has already stepped up is Trevor Ganly and I would look for him to pick up top 4 minutes this week. On top of Sproul and Miller being out Nick Halagian will also miss this week’s game as he continues to recover from an upper body injury.
Windsor Spitfires – Thursday October 11th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home (3-3-0-2)/(2-2-0-1)
- First trip to the WFCU centre for the Hounds.Windsorwon the first meeting 3-2 up in the soo.
- Currently 2nd place in the West division
- First game in Windsor for Sergey Tolchinsky who was rumoured to have been the main import target of the Spitfires in anticipation of a Mem Cup run next year. The hounds snagged him before they could make a pick. This brings me great joy.
Draft Eligibles to Watch
Kerby Rychel - Off to a slow start with only 3 points in 8 games after getting 74 in 68 last year. More alarming is the fact that he is a -4 through 8 games. He is due for a breakout.
Jordan Maletta – Off to a great start with 3g 2a through 8 games. Scored a goal for the Spits when these two teams met the opening weekend of the season.
Adam Bateman – Former MM teammate of Darnell Nurse with the Don Mills Flyers, was the 1st round pick of the Niagara Icedogs last years but never played a game for them. After a disappointing rookie year he is looking to rebuild his draft stock.
Plymouth Whalers Saturday October 13th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home (2-1-1-1)/(2-0-0-1)
- Plymouths Pink in the Rink event is Saturday night. Hounds enter undefeated while playing in such events this season
- It will my Plymouths 3rd game of the week after playing Wednesday and Friday
- Plymouthhas the 2nd worst home Power Play in the league entering this game. Only 1 power play goal on home ice
Draft Eligibles to Watch
Ryan Hartman - 28 PIMS in 5 games for the diminutive power forward who also has picked up 4 points. Fitting in nicely with the veteran group of forwards.
Sarnia Sting Sunday October 14th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home (3-3-0-1)/(0-3-0-1)
- The third time these two teams will meet each other this season. Am I the only one who is sick of the Sarnia Sting already?
-Sarniais the only OHL team that is winless on home ice this season (Kitchenerhas also yet to win but they have also not played a home game yet)
- Scored 4 power play goals against the hounds this past Saturday which was the difference in a 6-3 win
Bold Prediction of the Week
With Sproul and Miller out either Mac Clutsam, Tyler Ganly or Kevin Spinozzi will step up and score their 1st Career OHL goals.