The Hounds opened this week with a 3-1 win over West Division leading Sarnia Sting. The win helped push their home winning streak to 6 games and they are 9-1-1 on home ice in their last 11 games at the Essar Centre.
The Trade deadline was a quiet one for the Hounds as their only move was sending Mark Petaccio to the Ottawa 67’s for a 9th round draft pick. While some fans would rather the Hounds unload some of their 19 year olds it doesn’t make sense if the trades aren’t available out there. You don’t want to give away assets like that for nothing.
Mississauga Steelheads Saturday January 12th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home(20-15-0-3)(8-8-0-1) (record as of the beginning of the week)
- First visit to the Essar Centre as the Steelheads. Will the Hounds squish the fish?
- Coming in off of a 2-0 lose at the hands of the Sudbury Wolves on Friday Night.
- 15th in the ohlwriters.com power rankings
- PP ranks 7th in the OHL at 22.2% while their PK ranks 14th at 77.5%
- The Steelheads power play has given up the fewest SHG’s all year in the OHL only giving up 1 to date.
Draft Eligibles and Others to Watch
Spencer Martin: May not get the start as he started Friday against the Wolves. The top draft eligible goaltender from the OHL for the upcoming draft.
Stuart Percy: Leafs 2011 first round draft pick and captain of the Mississauga Steelheads.
London Knights Sunday January 13th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home (34-5-1-2)(16-2-0-0)(records as of the beginning of the week)
- Ranked 1st in the ohlwriters.com OHL power rankings
- Rank 2nd in the CHL BMO top 10.
- London’s PK is 5th at 83.5% while their PP is 4th at 25%
- It will be London’s 3rd game in 3 days.
- Teams have only met once this year in London on Remembrance day which the Hounds lost 5-3
- The Knights were reletivly quiet on trading deadline day. Picking up Justin Sefton from the Wolves while also getting 2 NCAA players to commit to their team.
- Knights forward Seth Griffith currently leads the OHL with 70 points this season.
Draft Eligibles and others to watch
Bo Horvat: A favorite of mine, Bo is currently riding a 16 game point streak in which he has 12g and 12a.
Jake Patterson: The S.S.M. native is quietly having a banner year for himself. Currently 3rd in the league in G.A.A. Jake has a record of 16-1-1. With Kevin Baillie being let go it will be up to Jake to carry the torch for the Knights the rest of the way.
Bold Prediction of the Week
Bo Horvat’s point streak will come to an end Sunday night against the Hounds.