Greyhounds Week preview Feb 11-17
After only taking 2 points on the road last weekend the Hounds return back to Sault Ste Marie to take on the Sarnia Sting and the Kingston Frontenacs
- After going 1-2 last week the Hounds are now 9-8-1-1 against the East
- Hounds PP is 11th in the league at 20.2%. On Essar Centre ice their power play is clicking at 20.3%.
- Hounds PK is 17th at 76.2% overall, on home ice they rank 13th at 79.1%
- Nick Cousins is 2nd in the league in points with 84 and assists with 63
- Sergey Tolchinsky is 6th in the league in rookie scoring while Jared McCann is 11th
- Nick Cousins leads the league in short handed assists with 3 while Ryan Sproul and Andrew Fritsch are tied for 2nd with 2 each.
Sarnia Sting Wednesday February 13th
2012-13 Record Overall/Road(30-21-0-3)/(16-11-0-1)
- Game 7 of 8 vs the Sting this season. Hounds are 3-3, 2-1 at home outscoring the Sting 15-9 in those 3 games
- Sarnia’s 2 world junior gold medalists are no longer with the team. Alex Galchenyuk is in Montreal playing in the NHL while Connor Murphy is out for the year with a knee injury
- Sarnia sits 6th in the West 1 point ahead of the Hounds
- Sarnia is 3-7 in their last 10 on the road after starting the year as one of the best road teams in the OHL
- Sarnia has the 3rd best PP in the “O” clicking at 25.9% while their PK 7th at 81.4%
- Sarnia sits 13th in the ohlwriters.com power rankings for this week
Draft Eligibles and Others to Watch
Anthony DeAngelo – I have talked about him here before. He is a late 95 so he wont be eligible till 2014. Anthony is coming of OHL defenseman of the month honours for the month of January.
Charles Sarault – Your current OHL leading scorer. Charles has 20 goals and 65 assists on the year. A former 2nd round draft pick by the Kingston Frontenac’s Charles has gone undrafted in the NHL.
Kingston Frontenac’s Saturday February 16th
2012-13 Record Overall/Road (21-26-2-3)/(7-16-2-0)
- Kingston’s only trip up to the Soo. The Hounds lost in their only other meeting this year in a shootout at the K-Rock Centre in Kingston.
- The Fronts sit 18th in the OHLwriters.com power rankings for this week
- The Fronts ended a lengthy winless streak Sunday with a win over the Spits. They are just 1-6-3 in their last 10.
- Being outscored 69-111 on the road this season.
- PP ranks 18th at 16.4% while their PK is 19th at 74.8%
Draft Eligibles and others to watch
- Any of their 16 year olds: Roland McKeown, Sam Bennett, Spencer Watson and Dylan DePerna. All 4 played for Ontario at the U17. The grind of the OHL schedule seems to be getting to them in their first year but these are 4 kids to keep an eye on in coming seasons.
- Ryan Kujawinski: A highly rated 2013 draft prospect Ryan has been plagued by inconsistency this season. In The O Radio’s Dominic Tiano has him ranked 11th among OHL skaters.
Bold Prediction of the Week
4 Points this weekend and an entertaining game on Saturday just for me since I will be in attendance.