Sorry again for no week in review. Not much to review as the Hounds go pointless in a week for the 1st time all year and are passed by Saginaw in the standings. It was at this point last season that the Hounds started to slide following Ryan Rupert’s baseball swing on Nick Cousins abdomen. We will see if the Hounds can rectify the situation sooner rather than later.
Good news though as Ryan Sproul skated with some teammates for the first time since breaking his wrist. He is hopefully 1-2 weeks away.
3 Stars for week 8
1st Star - Sergey Tolchinsky: Gets the top spot for a 2nd straight week as he was once again a catalyst for the offence culminating in a 2 goal performance against the Owen Sound Attack.
2nd Star – Darnell Nurse: Picked up 3 assists on the week and was a plus player in spite of the fact that the Hounds had a -6 goal differential and he played the most minutes.
3rd Star – Michael Schumacher: Had a goal and an assist on the week and looked good in his return to action.
Brampton Battalion Friday November 16th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home(9-8-3-2)/(2-5-2-1)
- Last time the Battalion will be visiting the Essar Centre while representing the city of Brampton. They should get approval to move to North Bay early next week as over 2000 season tickets have already been sold.
- Sault Ste. Marie native Matt Amadio will be making his OHL Essar Centre debut. Matt scored his 1st career goal in Sudbury on Wednesday night
- It is the BMO ultimate fan game Friday. Hopefully those asking the questions know the right answers. I was in Niagara for their BMO night and the owner stepped in and corrected those on the ice and in Belleville on Wednesday they didn’t even have the right answer in a multiple choice question.
- Hounds are currently riding a 5 game winless streak
- Brampton’s PP is 13th at 20.2%. Their PK comes in at 6th at 82.3%
Draft Eligibles and Others to Watch
Blake Clarke: Brampton’s 1st round pick from the past OHL priority selection is having a great year with 19 points in 22 games.
Dylan Blujus: A leader on the blueline for the Battalion and a 2nd round pick of the Tampa Bay lightning.
Sarnia Sting Sunday November 18th
2012-13 Record Overall/Home (12-7-0-1)/(8-1-0-0)
- 4th meeting of the season. Sting hold a 2-1 advantage outscoring the Hounds 12-8
- Sting forward Alex Galchenyuk sits 6th in league scoring 10-23-33
- Currently lead the West division and are 6th in the OHLwriters.com power ranking.
- Sarnia’s PP ranks 3rd with a success rate of 28.9% while on the PK they come in with the 3rd best PK cruising at a rate of 84.5%
Draft Eligibles and others to watch
- Nikolay Goldobin: A late 95 birthday he has 20 points in 21 games in his OHL rookie year. This after going pointless in his first 5 games of the season.
- Brett Hargrave: Sarnia’s 1st round pick from this past draft he has recently been named to Ontario’s U17 team
Bold Prediction of the Week
Hounds fans will see their first shutout of the season this weekend.