Greyhounds Week 11 Preview
Erie Otters Friday November 30th
2012-13 Record Overall/Road(7-15-2-4)/(2-8-1-0)
- Currently sit last in the Western Conference with 19 points, 7 behind the Hounds
- Greyhounds won their only other meeting this season in a shootout in Erie where Andrew Fritsch scored a highlight reel goal
- Ranked 18th in the OHLwriters.com OHL power rankings
- PP is ranked 5th with a 23.4% success rate while their PK comes in at 12th with a 78% success rate.
- Kris Knoblauch’s first game behind the bench for the Otters as he replaced Robbie Ftorek who was relieved of his duties Thursday morning.
Draft Eligibles and Others to Watch
Conner McDavid: OHL leading rookie scorer at the tender age of 15. Played in the OHL subway series and has been named to team Ontario for the U17 challenge.
Stephen Harper: Ranked 8th by NHLSC among OHL skaters. He has had an up and down season and is currently on a bit of a cold streak.
Owen Sound Attack Saturday December 1st
2012-13 Record Overall/Road(18-5-1-2)/(7-1-1-2)
- Ranked 6th in the BMO/CHL top 10. After winning their first 3 games against such teams the Hounds are winless in their last 3.
- Ranked 2nd in the OHLwriters.com Power rankings
- Beat the Hounds in Owen Sound the last time these two teams played. Justin Nichols was in net and let in 7 goals in that game
- PK is 4th at 83.2% while the PP is 13th at 18.2%
- 2nd best road team in the OHL. Have outscored opponents on the road by a 45-29 margin.
Draft Eligibles and others to watch
Chris Bigras: ranked 10th in the OHL by NHL CS and the #3 OHL defenseman.
Jordon Binnington: One of the top goalies in the OHL is recently coming of a string of 3 straight shutouts. Played for Canada at the Subway Super Series and will almost certainly get an invite to the World Junior selection camp next month.
Bold Prediction of the Week
The Greyhound are going to upset the Attack on Saturday and steal 2 points from them.