Pictured is Kingston Frontenac, Billy Jenkins who scored 4 goals in Kingston's 2 road victories on the weekend. Two of them were game winners!

The Kingston Frontenacs started a three game southern road swing stinging from a Tuesday night loss at Scotiabank Place in Kanata. The Fronts probably deserved a better fate, as they had two goals called back, hit a couple of posts, and took the play to the 67s for much of the game. The coaching staff was visibly upset, after the game, when talking about a couple of vicious cross checks, and a sucker punch or two dished out by former Frontenac, Mike Cajkovsky in the third period of the game. The end result was a 5-3 loss, a game in which Michael Moffat lost his cool, late in the game, and verbally abused an official, resulting in a one game suspension. Moffat's suspension was served in Kingston's first road contest, in Plymouth, Michigan.

Perhaps Kingston used this "perceived wronging" as motivation to adopt an "us against the world" mentality, because the boys really came together on the weekend and played exceptionally well, as a team. Assistant coach Darren Keily suggested before the trip that the goal was to bring home 3 of a possible 6 points, in the very tough, 3 games in 3 day, gruelling road trip. The Frontenacs did one better, as they beat Plymouth, and Windsor, and were tied with Saginaw with 5 mins. left in the third, only to lose 2-1.

On Friday night, the Frontenacs were facing a team who had recently beaten them in Kingston 8-3.  Colin Furlong got the start in this one, searching for his 2nd win of the season, and was bombarded with 53 shots.  

Captain, Cody Alcock scored on the game's very first shot, at 32 seconds of the 1st period.  Alcock broke in on the left wing, used linemate, Darcy Greenaway as a decoy, and ripped a wrist shot over Matt Mahalak's shoulder. Plymouth's overager, Alex Aleardi used his considerable speed and set up the next two goals, the
first by Matthew Mistele, his first of 3 on the night. The Whalers had a 2-1 lead after 1.

Darcy Greenaway would score the next 3 Kingston goals, all in the 2nd period, most as a result of increased offensive zone pressure put on by the Fronts. The Whalers would score three goals in the 2nd, as well, and the period ended 5-4 Plymouth.

Billy Jenkins would score early in the 3rd, to tie the game at 5. Mistele completed his hatty, on a nice deflection, to give the Whalers a 6-5 lead. Kingston continued to use their speed to chase down pucks in the offensive zone, and were rewarded defenseman, Dylan DiPerna won a puck behind the Whalers' net, and set up rookie, Henri Ikonen, who somehow managed to sneak one past a confused looking, Whaler goalie. Three minutes later, newest Frontenac, Sam Povorozniuk broke in with Jenkins, who took Povo's pass and buried one past Mahalak. With less than 7 minutes left in the third period, Kingston had a 7-6 lead, and had chased, starter Matt Mahalak. Kingston hung on the rest of the way, to record a big, road victory, against the favoured, Whalers.

Saturday night's game in Saginaw was a completely different game, despite the fact that it looked like it would be another shoot out, early.

Warren Steele opened the scoring 2:30 into the first period on the powerplay. Henri Ikonen, and Michael Moffat, fresh off of his one game suspension, drew the assists. On the next Kingston powerplay, just over a minute later, Saginaw's captain, and leading scorer, Vincent Trocheck tied the game. He had his 17th of the season, shorthanded.

The game remained 1-1, despite many good chances at both ends. Kingston definitely had more quality scoring opportunities, and Saginaw starter, Nikita Serebryakov (who had played very well against the Fronts late
last month in a 5-4 SO loss) was named the game's first star, in his first OHL victory. He stopped 32 of 33 shots. Colin Furlong started again for Kingston and stopped 21 of 23 shots fired his way.

Terry Trafford spoiled Kingston's effort to gain a valuable road point, as he would beat Furlong with under 5 minutes to play in regulation time. Perhaps deserving a better result, the Frontenacs were on their way to Windsor, for a Sunday afternoon game, against the Spitfires.

Mike Morrison got the call on Sunday afternoon, and was outstanding in the Kingston goal. For the second game of the weekend, a Frontenac goalie faced over 40 shots. Morrison stopped 40 of 43 shots.

Kirby Rychel, and Henri Ikonen traded goals in the first period. Rychel's goal was the result of a pretty three way passing play, started by the Spits' first round pick in the 2012 Priority Selection, Josh Ho Sang, to newcomer Zack Lorentz, who fed Rychel perfectly. Sam Bennett did the board work, on Kingston's goal, and fed Ikonen who ripped it past Jordon DeKort, in Windsor's goal.

Kingston came out with guns a blazin' in the 2nd period and scored 3 unanswered to lead 4-1, after 2. Billy Jenkins scored two goals, his 10th and 11th of the season. Darcy Greenaway scored his 15th, as well. Kingston outshot Windsor 17-7 in the frame.

It was Windsor's turn to take it to Kingston in the third. They outshot Kingston 18-9, and managed to score twice. Defenseman, Nick Ebert scored both goals, his 2nd, and 3rd of the season, but it wasn't enough.
Kingston held on for a 4-3 win. Ryan Kujawinski was named the game's first star, Nick Ebert the second, and Billy Jenkins the third. 5672 fans went home disappointed.

The young Kingston Frontenacs gained 4 of 6 points on the road, in their first long bus trip of the season. They are 3 points behind the Belleville Bulls, and the Oshawa Generals, who are tied for the East Division lead. They sit 7th in the Conference, and if the playoffs were to start tonight, they would face their arch rivals, the Belleville Bulls in the first round of the playoffs. Yes, Kingston fans, I wrote playoffs. 

If the young Fronts continue to improve and do thelittle things well, the sky is the limit. They are a very exciting team to watch, and the secret is out, as home attendance is up approximately 600 fans a game, to just over 3000.

On Friday night, Kingston hosts the Oshawa Generals, then travel west on the 401, on Saturday night, to take on the Belleville Bulls. They finish the weekend with a trip to the bunker, to take on the Brampton Battalion on Sunday afternoon.