As the flu/injury bug started to hit, the Ottawa 67's took to the road to take on the leaders of both  conferences.  The 67's held their ground and stayed in the two games, but were simply unable to hold off their respective opponents.  Tyler Graovac continued his hot streak, keeping up his goal-per-game pace, but was still a -4 on the weekend.


Thursday - Ottawa 3, Barrie 7

Friday - Ottawa 1, Owen Sound 4


With Steven Janes and Ryan van Stralen out of the lineup with shoulder injuries, the Barberpoles headed to Barrie to take on the Colts team that spoiled their home opener nearly a month prior.  Once again, Anthony Camara and Mark Scheifele ran rampant on the 67's defence.

In their September 20th meeting, Camara had a hattrick and Scheifele had one goal.  The tables were turned this time as Scheifele tallied three times.  Powerplays decided this game, and Barrie had more man advantages and were far more dominant on them, going 5-for-8 on the evening.  Ottawa’s powerplay went 2-for-4.

Scheifele had his first two of the game in the first ten minutes, both on the powerplay and both assisted by Camara.  Ceci had his own powerplay marker to give him three goals on the year and five points against Barrie on the year.  Before the first period was out, Camara made it 3-1 for the home side.

The teams traded goals in the second; Tyson Fawcett had his first career goal for the Colts while Remy Giftopoulos responded for Ottawa.  With just over ten minutes left in the third, Ottawa made it close with Graovac’s 10th of the season, but a number of late penalties totally took them out of the game.

After a pair of unsportsmanlike penalties were given to Ottawa following a questionable penalty to Sean Monahan, Barrie had a 5-on-3 where they toyed with the 67’s.  Zach Hall gave them a 6-3 lead, and Scheifele hit the post twice on one shift before finally notching his third of the night to put the game completely out of reach.

Ottawa still outshot the Colts, forcing Mathias Niederberger to make 41 stops, but Barrie (9-2-0-0) still walked away with a 7-3 victory.

Keegan Wilson started his fifth consecutive game on Friday night.  Cameron Brace opened the scoring for Owen Sound on the third shot of the game, but Graovac added a powerplay marker two minutes later to draw even.

Unlike the previous night, neither powerplay was overly dominant.  Owen Sound killed four penalties in the first two periods of the game, while the Attack’s powerplay was held off the board in three attempts.

Gemel Smith cracked the tie towards the end of the second period with a seeing-eye shot that beat Wilson.  Midway through the third, Chris Bigras beat Wilson from even further out, a fluttering shot that eluded Ottawa’s netminder and deflated the 67’s.  Owen Sound (8-2-0-1) walked away with a 4-1 win after adding an empty netter.

-Brett Gustavsen missed Sunday’s game with what’s believed to be an undisclosed injury. 
-Keegan Wilson made 63 saves on 73 shots.  He was solid, but one has to wonder if he’s being over-worked the way Petr Mrazek was early last season.
-Taylor Fielding leads the team in +/-, a great indication of his effort level.  Another hard-working 67 isn’t nearly as lucky, however.  Jake Cardwell is a -15 on the year.
-Ottawa heads home for a Wednesday evening game against Oshawa, before having a home-and-home with Kingston